Just wanted to post a little update to let people know what I am up to lately, and explain how things are going to unfold over the next couple months.
I’ve never been as busy as I am lately. This month is gonna be crazy!
Many different aspects of my life are getting busy all at the same time (of course). I’m not bragging or asking for pity (still, there are ways you can help me out, which I’ll explain at the end); I’m proud of how things are going, but I don’t like being this busy, and I can’t wait for things to calm down!
Here’s what I’m up to:
- Working full time – I’m a Physical Therapist at a rehabilitation hospital.
- Part-time Masters Degree (my thesis is in knee pain and muscle inhibition, but I’ll write about that later):
– currently trying to finish my research proposal so I can get ethics out of the way to collect data next winter.
– currently taking what’s probably the most difficult course in the program: HKR 6330 Technologies, where I’m learning not only to use lab equipment, but also the theory of using particular settings, filters, etc. oh my.. will be finished after the first week of December… I can’t wait!
- Street Movement, a dance company I co-direct, is finally starting a school program this month! Very excited!!!
- I still practice dancing three times a week, and go to the gym once or twice a week – the most inconsistent aspect of my life, but I can’t stop or I would go insane.
- Writing for this website – which isn’t an obligation I suppose; not something I have to do – but I love it, so I can’t stop).
That’s what’s currently happening. Here’s what’s coming up:
- I may have a career change coming up in December / January – working out the details now. (not career as in PT, but place of work)
- Continuing to work on my thesis, the dance company (and my own dancing), and this website, of course.
- I’m finally going to start doing videos – hopefully starting in January!
- I’m going to start flexing my entrepreneurial muscles:
– I am putting together promotional materials to start offering workshops:
- beginner and intermediate breaking, and
- injury prevention for dancers.
(I’ve done these things before, but only when asked to, never “sold” myself)
– I am going to put together a couple e-books so people can:
- “support” me if they like my writing, and
- have a neat, tidy, printable .pdf for my pain science education and injury guides.
I have big plans, and posting them up here is my way of forcing accountability.
Finally, here’s the deal for November:
- I’m going to take a break from writing a lot of original articles for this site:
– for those of you who were looking forward to the pain science articles I promised, they are still coming! There’s a couple things I need to read, and a few good images I need to find. But in the mean time, check out the Pain Education section of this site, as it has some good videos that will get you started.
- Instead, I’m going to update some of my older ones that really need an overhaul (due to new research I’ve read, and my evolving writing style and skill).
– I’ll be sharing these updates as I make them, and making them “featured” articles on the front page.
HERE’S WHERE YOU CAN HELP ME!
– if you’d be so kind :)
If you like my writing, I would truly appreciate it if you could find the articles you like, leave a comment, give it a Facebook “like”, tweet about it, and most importantly, just share!
Pretty simple, but it has a tremendously positive impact. It’ll help me get my projects off the ground, connect with others, and make my work even more rewarding. Even relatively negative comments are good – they encourage interesting discussions!
Whether you share this stuff or not, it’s cool. I really appreciate the fact that you are just reading. It really means a lot to me – for real.
Bear with me as I make it through the rest of 2012… I really hope the world doesn’t end… and I’ll be back to posting original articles in December, with a proverbial explosion of new stuff in January 2013!!!
– THANK YOU! –