Welcome to B-Boy Science!
What’s this website?
- A Blog – about science, health & fitness, injuries & pain – but with a unique style: written by a dancer (a b-boy).
- What’s a “B-Boy”? – for those who don’t know – click here.
- A Resource – for learning about smart, simple, research-based approaches to training, injury prevention, and injury / pain recovery.
The information on this site is written for everyone – not just dancers. While there are some ‘dancer-specific’ articles, anyone can find this site useful… maybe even entertaining! And who knows? – If you’re not a dancer… maybe you’ll start?
Why should you care?
- Exercise is good for you.
- Injuries suck.
- Science is awesome.
- Dancing is fun.
If you are not interested in any of these things, try this.
By the way, here’s me dancing:
What’s different about this site?
Here you’ll get a unique perspective on these topics, presented with integrity (no bulls**t or false promises to sell you something) – based on science, evidence, and research (not just sciencey sounding junk) – yet simple and easy to read… perhaps even funny!
What’s so unique?
- It’s mostly written by myself, a Physical Therapist / B-Boy… and as you might have guessed, there aren’t many people with such a background. See: About: the Author.
- With a background / education in Behavioural Neuroscience before attending P.T. school, you’ll probably find my perspective on these topics a little different from others who write about the same stuff.
- There’s a strict “No Pseudoscience” rule on this site. Only real science. No garbage that just sounds like science to make you think it’s legit. And if I’m even unsure about something, I’ll admit it! – go ahead, call me out if you see a mistake! It’s good for both of us :)
What will you learn here?
“As to the methods there may be a million and then some, but principles are few. The man who grasps principles can successfully select his own methods. The man who tries methods, ignoring principles, is sure to have trouble.”
- Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)
Here you’ll learn principles (and yes, some methods, but only as examples) to help you make the best decisions possible for achieving your particular goals.
We’ll do this by reviewing good science and research – and learning how to apply it.
There won’t be any easy answers – because there aren’t any, at least none that I’ve found. Maybe no-one is telling me. If you have an easy answer for relieving all pain and getting a killer set of six-pack abs, please e-mail me here.
Now, go explore this site!
Like on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, and Share the Love!